MT Ribbon Cutting & Open House - Jan. 6
Jan 07, 2020
Mark Twain Elementary students and staff celebrated the completion and opening of their new school on Jan. 3 with a ribbon-cutting and open house. The new 65,800 SF school can serve more than 450 students. Mark Twain Elementary is home to prekindergarten through 5th grade classrooms. The new building offers a significant increase in classroom space as well as gymnasium and the addition of commons and multipurpose areas.
Students and staff started school in their new building on January 6.
- Design incorporates 21st century learning concepts into more traditional school design
- Learning pods between classrooms provide space for collaborative opportunities and small group instruction
- Makerspace supports robot building, hands-on science and learning through discovery; space includes work areas with device plug-in, markerboard tables, and writeable wall space
- Learning stair links media center, commons/cafeteria, and gymnasium which provides flexibility for large group learning
- Library’s large glass walls overlook Duck Creek
- Bus drop-off is designed to be independent from car drop-off
- More capacity for parking and student drop-off